manhattan project

I recently purchased a first edition of "Now It Can Be Told; The Story of the Manhattan Project" by Leslie Groves.  The flyleaf has a handwritten inscription in blue pen "To V.R. Holmquist - one of those who made Hanford a safer place to work in and thus helped us to succeed in our great effort.  With my very best wishes, Leslie R. Groves".

Do any Radsafers know who V.R. Holmquist is?  I would very much like to find out and would appreciate any help.

Mary Ellen Jafari, M.S., DABR
Western Radiological Physics, Inc.
Laramie, WY   westrad@cyberhighway.net