RE: intentional misuse

> Supporting an enhanced level of criminality
> solely because radioactive materials are involved would reinforce a
> perception that there is something intrinsically evil about the radiation,
> not the criminal behavior.

That may very well be the outcome by doing so. However, I also
remember many in this forum stating that government and other
professionals should perform actions that only placate the public,
when there is ample knowledge that these actions are completely
unnecessary. We can't have it both ways.

There is a problem. It is most likely minimal as far as real risk.
The media builds this up, and in so doing, agitates the public. The
regulators react to public agitation. In the end, all licensees are
dealt with in unrealistic regulation, to prevent the few who abuse.
So, tell me,, what do we do???

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/scperle