Re: Reward

Dr. Cohen, I reread the articles again this morning. I see you tried to
respond to Dr. Lubin.   I did not see that you provided any analyses for the
paper for Smith and the rejoinder by Fields.  It looks like you ignored the
criticism that your smoking data does a poor job of explaining the lung
cancer rates.  I also did not see where you provided references to justify
that you were actually testing the BEIR LNT formula as they suggested you
should do, and so on.

Dr. Cohen,
You did not provide any analysis for Dr. Smith's comments or Dr. Fields
follow-up papers.

Nor, did you respond to their last letter in the journal.  I think that is
the forum for this dialogue.

Dr. Cohen - you stated - How do you justify changing my reward offer and
claiming that I
 did not adhere to it? Not only did they not satisfy the conditions clearly
 stated in my reward offer, but they did not engage in the dialog that was
 the purpose of the reward offer.They did not satisfy either the letter or
 the spirit of my reward offer.

Dr. Cohen,
I guess that is the nice thing about setting your reward offer.  You can be
the final judge on whether or not other people meet it.  These scientists
took the time from their own work to respond in major Forum articles,
rejoinders to you and even follow-up letters.  I can imagine it took them
well over 80 hours of work to look at your data set and give you the
the spirit of your offer.  In order to find a fair judgment (or to find this
fleeting spirit), you really need to convene the panel of experts you
proposed to guide the way.

The funny thing about all this is, I am not a believer in the LNT.  Well, off
to my own work, before I spend 80 hours on this issue.

Jeff Klugh
radiationhealth@aol.com