Ecologic LNT study

In a message dated 3/3/00 11:04:53 AM EST, blc+@pitt.edu writes:

What else can I do?  If no explanation can be found, it seems to me that The
Scientific Method requires that LNT be abandoned in the low dose region.

Dr. Cohen,

I do not understand the logic of your statement above.  We appear to be back
where we started prior to the first Forum article. If your findings were
indisputable and you were testing the BEIR LNT formula, you could state that
your findings suggest that the LNT does not hold in the low dose region for
alpha particles.  I am not sure you read or understand the previous
criticisms of your interpretations of your data.  Obviously, your findings
are disputable.  You are not even testing the BEIR LNT formula.  In addition,
numerous scientist have pointed out to you that it is not always possible to
detect why you obtain the results you do, because of the summary nature of
your data.  It does not matter if you have a million data points, you are
still dealing with summary data.

At one time you were advertising to hire an epidemiologist to examine your
data.  Were you able to find anyone to look at it.  What findings did they
arrive at?

Bill Field

R. William Field, Ph.D.
College of Public Health