Re: nuclear medicine radiation doses

william.ctr.kolb@faa.gov asked:
 >Is there an online source that list typical doses for the various
 >diagnostic and treatment protocols? I'm interested in doses from
 >radionuclides as well as x-ray and gamma ray equipment.

An on-line resource for internal dosimetry of radiopharmaceuticals is the
Radiation Internal Dose Information Center (RIDIC at Oak Ridge, TN) site at
<http://www.orau.gov/ehsd/doses.htm>

You can download a number of their excellent documents, including fetal
dose estimates, a description of the difference between whole body doses
and effective doses, and the organ doses (published and shipped to NRC
medical licenses as NUREG/CR-6345) for various radiopharmaceuticals.

An excellent site!

The radiation dose estimates for diagnostic x-ray procedures are in the
FDA-DRH booklet: "Handbook of selected tissue doses for projections common
in diagnostic radiology" FDA 89-8031; 1988. Other useful DRH booklets are
FDA 92-8282 "Tissue doses for the Upper GI Fluoro exam"; 1992, and FDA
95-8288 "Tissue doses for fluoro and cineangiographic exams of the coronary
arteries"; 1995.

Would someone please let me know if these latter FDA booklets are on-line?
Thanks.

Doug

Douglas J. Simpkin, Ph.D., D.A.B.R.
St. Luke's Medical Center