RE: tritium removable contamination

I recall an application note from Packard that summarized a number of studies. Packard's conclusion was glass fiber was preferable because of a high overall efficiency due, in part, to it's very high collection efficiency when wetted. I believe the note was released in '93.

Note: I have found that there are a wide variety of peanuts that still dissolve, albeit slowly in modern cocktails. It just isn't as universal as it used to be. Which peanuts will dissolve seem to depend on which cocktail formulation you use. Particularly troublesome have been the new biodegradeable peanuts that are made out of starch. I haven't been able to get them to dissolve in anything Washington State will allow me to use.

Rick Edwards, Analyst
The Boeing Company
richard.w.edwards@boeing.com