Radon vs. LNT —- Cut to the Chase

I wonder if Drs. Field and Lubin would be interested in commenting of the effectiveness crunching county-level radon data for apparent trends of radon effects at  environmental levels VERSUS taking ALL of the money consumed by the Radon Industry ($Billions) and putting it into a nation-wide smoking cessation program.

Any comments?

The reason that I ask this question largely stems from the EPA's latest radon end run through the SWDA wherein an EPA-funded review of the main EPA risk/cost-benefit analysis document by the National Research Council found the document severely lacking in several areas.  The NRC specifically found that smoking cessation would be the most effective way to reduce the risk of lung cancer and the risks associated with radon exposure.  Duh....

I would hypothesize that even your own data would point to such an outcome.

v/r
Michael
TRAB
mford@pantex.com