Air Conditioning in a Contaminated Crane Maintenance Room

We are in the process of designing/building a remote handling waste facility.  In the HVAC section, the design engineers incorporated a recirculating air conditioning unit in a Contaminated Crane Maintenance Room.  I could not think of a single time I seen this in a contaminated area.  I also see some major concerns.

Does anyone out there have an air conditioning unit in a contaminated area and if so, how is it working?  I would think that contamination build-up on the internal could be a major problem.

Any input will be appreciated.  Send directly to me.

Thanks
Dave Biela

BielaD@wv.doe.gov
716-942-4423