Re: Air Flow Test and Particle Sizing

Date sent:      	Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:37:38 -0600 (CST)
Send reply to:  	radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
From:           	"Poston, Jay (John) (PEA)"
<jposton@guidant.com>
To:             	Multiple recipients of list
<radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Subject:        	Air Flow Test and Particle Sizing

> All,
>
> What is the best way to determine the airflow in a large room?  I am
> confident that smoke sticks or the like will not do the trick.  We need
> something that won't damage the computers and other electronic components in
> the area.
> Also, what is the best way to determine particle size after the particulate
> has deposited on a glass fiber filter?

Sorry no knowledge on smoke however......
I seem to remember that the use of an Anderson Impactor is
one of the better ways to determine particulate sizes with
each stage having progressively smaller particles.
Let it sort out the distribution of particles.

cheers

Mr. Lindsay Tremethick
Radiation Oncology Victoria
Murray Valley Radiation Oncology Cntre