Dosimeter vs. dosemeter

I previously didn't pay any attention to the spelling of dosimeter (at least
hundreds of hits in the Radsafers' archive) but notice that some people
write dosemeter (16 hits in the Radsafers' archive).
Is there any difference between various forms of English or in meaning, or
is dosemeter simply a misspelling?

Thanks in advance for your comments,

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com
PS. I am aware of some typos I created myself over the last year but figured
that correcting obvious errors would disturb the list so I saved you from
that extra clutter. And then there is all that which I am not even aware
of...