RE: Maximum Work Shift Times

To the best of my knowledge, there are no general regulatory standards limiting the number of hours an employee may work. There are Department of Labor limits for teenagers (3 hours on a school day, eighteen in a school week...longer on non-school weeks) and license conditions for nuclear power plant personnel critical to plant safety (I seem to recall that it was no more than 16 hours in any 24, 24 hours in any 48, 72 in any 168).

Rick Edwards, Analyst
The Boeing Company
richard.w.edwards@boeing.com