ABHP Certification, Turner, and IIT's MHP Program

Radsafers:

Late last year I responded to an inquiry about material used to prepare for
the ABHP Certification exam. Turner's Atoms, Radiation and Radiation
Protection was one of the mentioned texts. I use Turner in the two-year
Master of Health Physics (MHP) program at the Illinois Institute of
Technology (IIT) and a set of errata has been assembled. The  program,
offered live or via the Internet, is intended to enable working Health
Physicists obtain a Master's degree and prepare for certification without
disrupting their careers.  In 1999, half of our students taking Part I
passed.

Both an advanced degree and Certification increase job security for working
Health Physicists.  The Turner errata and IIT MHP program information have
been sent to previous requesters and are available to anyone else who would
like them. Please respond by e-mail including your name and mailing address
or call me at 847-965-1999.

Eli

ELI A. PORT, CHP, CIH, P.E.
Associate Research Professor, BCPS
<mailto:port@iit.edu>
VOICE:847.965.1999, 24x7
FAX:  847.965.1991
Visit The Master of Health Physics program at:
http://www.iit.edu/~bcps/mhp