Re: Radiation Records Being Investigated

If you don't think congressional hearings are intentional witch hunts, I
suggest you watch a few on C-SPAN.  I worked as a Congressional Science
Fellow for a year, and much of the committee staff's job is putting together
hearings.  We used to go through boxes and boxes of government agency notes
and documents to find items to "get" the administration with.  Often the
basis for hauling the Chairman of the NRC or some cabinet member up before
the committee for a couple of hours was to harass that individual and to
make some news on a slow Congressional news day.  One emotional, untruthful
witness can keep such a hearing going for days.  Look at the recent hearings
on the IRS as an example.  It later turned out that some of the witnesses
fabricated their stories outright, but as a result we have a weaker tax
collection system and it's easier to cheat and cheat big on income tax.

Yes I'm angry about this kind of nonsense.

Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
7336 Lew Wallace NE
Albuquerque, NM
505-856-5011