Re: H-3 signs

This is great information.

We had been "assured" by fire fighters that they had not seen a major
fire in which these sign were not totally destroyed. I have only seen
one post fire sign and it was a lump of solid charred plastic. I
guess that some of the tubes could have been intact inside the lump.

I plan to use the information you provided to work with local fire
responders (who by chance have a HP Tech. now in fire protection) to
do some post fire surveys.

I agree that the dose from stepping on one of the tubes and releasing
the H-3 would be a small dose - especially if they are wearing
typical fire-fighting gear.

Thanks again for the information.

Paul Lavely <lavelyp@uclink4.berkeley.edu>