RE: Japan Revokes Nuclear Plant License - AP Article

 On Tuesday March 28, 2000 11:55 AM you wrote :

<snip>
> Prime Minister Keizo Obuchi, who signed the letter to the company, called
> JCO's responsibility for the accident "extremely serious" and that it
> deserved to be stripped of the license.
>
> The penalty was effective immediately.
<snip>
> ---

Comment: Its interesting to compare this stripping of an operating license
with the continued operation of other industries such as mines, refineries,
chemical plants, airlines, railways, etc. etc., where fatal accidents have
previously occurred.

FOR EXAMPLE, from today's news :