Heavy concrete info

Hello radsafers,

I have designed a shielding enclosure specifying "heavy concrete", with a
density of ~3.2 g/cc rather than 2.35 for ordinary concrete. Our construction
people have no idea where to get this product. It seems that heavy concrete
can be mixed by adding magnetite or barytes to normal concrete (see Chilton
et al., "Principles of Radiation Shielding"). Are there suppliers that can
provide a mixture in the right proportions? I would appreciate any information
and pointers.
Thank you in advance

Vashek Vylet

Vaclav "Vashek" Vylet                   Phone: 919-684-2194
Radiation Safety                          Fax: 919-684-2422
OESO/DUMC Box 3155            e-mail: vashek.vylet@duke.edu
Duke University
Durham, NC 27710, USA