RE: H-3 signs behaviour in a fire

In the one building fire involving tritium lights that I had manufactured, a large wooden structure in the far north burned with a modest quantity of tritium in the building.  A detailed review of the incident can be found in the following, Investigation of Fire at Council, Alaska: A release of Approximately 3000 Ci, PNL-6523,  G.A. Jensen and J.B. Martin, PNNL, 1988.

The best overall evaluation of potential accidents involving tritium radioluminescent materials was released under the following report:  Tritium Radioluminescent Devices Health and Safety Manual, PNL-10620, Rev. 1, R.J. Traub and G.A. Jensen, PNNL, June 1995.

Hope this is helpful.

Andy Tompkins
Woodstock, GA   30189