US Ecology Appeals Ward Valley Court Ruling;

US Ecology Appeals Ward Valley Court Ruling; Company Fully Committed
to Building Low-level Radioactive Waste Disposal Site

BOISE, Idaho--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 30, 2000--Jack Lemley, Chairman,
CEO and President of American Ecology Corporation, today announced
that subsidiary US Ecology, Inc. is appealing a federal court order
dismissing a complaint filed against the federal government by the
company and the State of California in the U.S. Court of Federal
Claims. The appeal is expected to be filed today, according to
Lemley.

"We believe that the Court of Claims ruling is erroneous and includes
a number of the same, fundamental errors reflected in a District
Court ruling on the Ward Valley project which the company appealed
last spring, while also adding new ones," Lemley explained. "We
believe our legal position is strong and will pursue our appeal with
vigor," Lemley added. The company is not commenting on the specific
arguments it will present in its appeal.

US Ecology currently holds a valid State of California license to
construct and operate the Ward Valley disposal facility. "We remain
fully committed to developing this environmentally sound disposal
facility, allowing California to meet its thirty year disposal
obligation to low-level radioactive waste producers in the four state
Southwestern Compact region," Lemley concluded. Member states of this
congressionally ratified, interstate radioactive waste agreement
include California, Arizona, North Dakota and South Dakota.

American Ecology Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides a
variety of radioactive, PCB, hazardous and non-hazardous waste
services to commercial and government customers throughout the United
States, such as nuclear power plants, medical and academic
institutions and petro-chemical facilities. Headquartered in Boise,
Idaho, the Company is the oldest radioactive and hazardous waste
services company in the United States.

This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, beliefs, and assumptions about the pending litigation. No assurance can be given regarding the outcome of this or any o
ther pending litigation. American Ecology has no duty or obligation to update any forward-looking statement made herein. Please refer to American Ecology Corporation's most recent quarterly and annual reports filed with t
he Securities and Exchange Commission.

CONTACT:

American Ecology Corporation

Stephen Romano, 208/331-8400

info@americanecology.com

www.americanecology.com

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205