Re: A dose of reality, continued

At 00:00 03.04.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>We should all be able to give an example of this right away.  If my
>recollection is correct, the U.S. EPA used data generated primarily by
>studies of Czech uranium miners to determine acceptable levels of radon in
>American homes.

If my memory serves me well (and I am quite sure it does) then there were
comprehensive studies on miners in the USA as well. Nevertheless I do not
think that the conditions of miners would differ so much between the two
countries. Mining is a dusty job, smoking is abundant everywhere. I agree
that the limits are not easy to derive, but I suppose that persons like
Bernard Cohen can give appropriate information.

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Resources
Radiation Protection Department
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA