Re: ALARA

At 02:42 04.04.2000 -0500, you wrote:
>This is a multipart message in MIME format.
>--=_alternative 00295C75C22568B7_=
>
>Maybe it is just me, but I sure thought that ALARA is a lot more than just
>dose minimization.  What happened to cost-benefit?

No, you are not alone. Yes, ALARA is not minimization, but optimization
with respect to cost-benefit. This would even include hormesis (because
this would be a benefit) if it existed. So what is all the "fight" against
ALARA good for???? To claim zero exposure is not ALARA.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schoenhofer
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Resources
Radiation Protection Department
Radetzkystr. 2
A-1031 Vienna
AUSTRIA