List Server Awards "'Becquies" - Last Call !

I have culled through the numerous responses (at least several hundred
thousand or so it seemed) and have started to finalize the awards name and
categories. I still want to get one last chance at input from those
interested.

I am leaning toward the name as "Bequies" a submittal by Mark Hanlon the RSO
from "down under." Isn't it amazing what a little criminal in your gene pool
can do with the imagination process. There was a very worthy suggestion to
name it the Hectys (after Hector Mandel the list starter) or the Woosys
(after Melissa)- these from Liz Brackett of MJW (get back to work Liz !). I
decided to start with a rad term and float the other names out there for one
last set of comments from radland.

There were some doozy suggestions for awards so I needed to shorten the
list. The first criteria I used was to eliminate any awards that may be
construed as negative (except for one category in which I don't think too
much offense would be taken as the blame will get spread through several
hundred people).  I also wanted to keep it simple the first time to make it
easy on myself. After all my employer does expect me to work on occasion.
Those compromising photos I have on Dr. Dooley only work for so long.

Here is the list as taken from each commenter's e-mail to me;

1. Most thoughtful, content-full poster.  This goes to the person with the
highest signal to noise ratio (useful information:drivel).  Kudos to John R.
Laferriere of DuPont for this suggestion

2. Best public service post (e.g. Sandy's newswire releases or Tosh's info
on the Japanese criticality victims).

3. Most productive thread or Best Continuing Thread (from Jeff Volmer)

4. Lifetime achievement Poster

5. Rookie Poster of the Year

6. Least Productive Thread

I am still working on the criteria (I know how anal retentive HPs can be so
a procedure is obviously needed here) for each award. I am working with my
company's information service people to see if we can create a voting spot
on our web site. if it can't be done before the annual meeting then I'll
take e-mail and tabulate the results. because I can't afford
Price-Waterhouse, I am going to get a bottle of MD 20/20 and have some of
the local buffalo street denizens oversee my work. Or perhaps I'll just
drink the MD 20/20 myself.

I agree that the awards should be held (from Chris Alston) in cyber space
(do all of you have an Avatar yet ?). However that may be somewhat
difficult. Again I am working with the IS people to see what is doable from
our web site.

One problem I have is the DOE has not sent me any contaminated nickel from
which to make an award. I am very disappointed as I thought this award
program could shrink their volume by a cubic ft or so thus saving the
taxpayers some money. Does anyone have Richardson's phone number ? Given how
he only responds to celebrities and celebrity issues he may get on this real
fast.

So instead I was hoping some of you have an old Victoreen CD meter (the
yellow ones) laying around that you might be willing to contribute. I would
add a name plate and some other nonsense and send each winner their award
with the proviso they pass it along (except for the lifetime achievement
poster) to the next winner.

I am sorry to disappoint those of you that wanted Alex Baldwin or Kim
Bassinger to present. Their agent told me they were unavailable for the
summer. I believe my mom is not doing anything so perhaps she will agree to
help out.

Bottom line is you have two weeks to add more fun to the upcoming mayhem.
Send e-mails privately and not to list as I don't want to be a candidate in
the year 2001 for any of the dubious award categories.

Thanks for the help !

Pete C.
pcollopy@mjwcorp.com

PS start thinking about what designer clothes you will wear to the awards
show. 3M, Norvell, Dupont, etc.