Ready. Fire. Aim.

The Radiation Safety Distribution list is an electronic mailing list for
Health Physicists, Medical Physicists, Radiological Engineers and others who
have a professional interest in matters related to Radiation Protection."

I suggest that "professional interest" be given the widest possible
interpretation.  ANY and ALL should be welcome, even those with only a casual
interest in radiation protection.

Also, perhaps, we all deserve a reminder regarding --

"RADSAFE "Netiquette"  (http://www.ehs.uiuc.edu/~rad/radsaferules.html)

1. ...

2. ...

3.  Please keep in mind that RADSAFE is for the discussion of issues related
to radiation protection. Flames and other messages which do not add
substantive content to the discussion are not appreciated.

4.  If your response is of interest to only one recipient, send it via
private e-mail, NOT TO RADSAFE."

Might I also suggest that messages can "add substantive content to the
discussion" even when those messages contain mistakes or are flat out wrong?
After all, RADSAFE is intended to educate as well as inform.

Melissa, we miss ye!

Glenn A. Carlson, P.E.
glennacarlson@aol.com