No Subject

Well, here I am, about five hours after chiding some of you for writing to
this blasted list three or more times a day, working on my fourth or so
message.  I have two more (much quieter this time) points to make, and then
I'm going to crawl back in my hole and let the rest of you fight it out.

First:  I just got taught a lesson, and I wanted to admit it publicly.  Not
by Pamela, but by a man named David Hackett, who rather than write me a long
message calling me an overeducated, bigoted whore, sent me a long message
telling me that the point Mr. Slavin was supposed to be trying to make was
that management types somewhere may have altered numbers from time to time
that showed things they didn't want them to, not that researchers were
producting fraudulent work.  Mr Hackett's wording (at one point "our
illnesses") suggests that he may be closer to this than Slavin, Pamela, me,
or most of the rest of you, I'd assume.  And yet while I'm still trying to
figure out who Pam is and where she came from and why Ed chose not to handle
this himself, she and I were showing what I'll call not our best sides,
while Mr. Hackett calmly and intelligently set a piece of my facts straight
without insult, or rancor.  Thank you , David, for reminding me to try and
behave myself.

Second (and last God willing):  I apologize to anyone who found the last
three words of my previous email offensive.  I meant to offend a select few,
don't get me wrong, but it was not my intent to be blatantly sexist and for
that I apologize to the rest of you.  It won't happen again.

Neal Zapp
281-483-2244

Anything I may have posted here has not come from anyone other than me, and
so is not anyone's problem but mine.  Any opinions of mine are only mine.