From: dpharrison@aep.com [mailto:dpharrison@aep.com]
Sent: lundi 10 avril 2000 11:56
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: List of materials containing naturally occurring nuclides

Here is a list of items that I've received so far that may or that does
contain
radioactive material to be mindful of before the material goes into the
Restricted Area:

Computer or Video Monitors (naturally occurring radioactive material, NORM,
in
the screen)
Breakers (arc chutes are made of materials that include NORM ~ 4k to 6k dpm)
Cameras (some lenses and camera batteries contain NORM, Thorium coating on
the
lens)
Welding rod (often contains NORM)
Batteries (may contain NORM)
Charcoal (contains Cs-137 as background)
Grinding Discs
Timepieces (tritium, Promethium-147, Radium-226)
Balances of Precision (tritium)
Marine compasses, self-luminous dials and instrumentation (tritium gas;
Promethium-147; Kr-85)
Thermostat dials and pointers (tritium)
Electron tubes (tritium in the microwave receiver protector; Co-60;
Nickel-63;
Krypton-85; Cesium-137; Promethium-147)
Spark gap irradiators (Cobalt-60)
Synthetic plastic resins containing Scandium-46 which are designed for
sand-consolidation in wells
Ice Detection Devices (Sr-90)
"Black Beauty" sandblasting grit
Rock wool (thorium) used for oven insulation and in fire doors