RE: Why Didn't They Speak Out Earlier?

Dear Mr. Slavin,

I do not think the reason the DOE built facility's where they did had
anything to do with labor unions or cost of wages.  If my memory serves me
correctly, Oak Ridge was  referred to as the "Secret City".  The facility's
were built as to be out of the way, and not raise any suspicion about what
was going on there; not so they could mistreat workers, but because of
spying (most were built for the Manhattan Project of World War II).

I agree with many things you say, but please do not try and make everything
the DOE did a conspiracy to mistreat and defraud the workers.  I'm sure when
the AEC started they had good intentions, as many things do.  But the lack
of outside oversight in the name of secrecy led the AEC, then DOE down a
misguided road.

Thank you,

Michael D Kent RRPT