Job Posting at U of Maryland

A colleague asked me if I would post this.  I thought I already did so if this is a repeat, I apologize.

 If you are interested respond to the address below.

                                                        Position Announcement

Radiation Safety Officer
Department of Environmental Safety
University of Maryland, College Park
No. AS-5454

The University of Maryland, College Park, Department of Environmental Safety invites applications for the position of Radiation Safety Officer.  The Radiation Safety Officer is a managerial position that reports to the Director of Environmental Safety.

Principal responsibilities include managing all aspects of the Radiation Safety program  including maintaining all University of Maryland license requirements.  The Radiation Safety Officer also acts as the University of Maryland representative regarding all pertinent regulatory issues.

The successful applicant will have a B.S in mathematics, biological or physical sciences, or engineering with a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated management experience including a broad familiarity with applicable federal and State regulatory requirements and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.  Relevant professional certification (CHP) is preferred and 10 or more years of experience using ionizing and nonionizing radiation sources, specifically, radioactive material, radiation producing equipment and lasers.

Applicants should submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and names and phone numbers of three professional references by May 1, 2000 to:

  Dr. Mirela Gavrilas
Department of Materials & Nuclear Engineering
University of Maryland
College Park, Maryland  20740.

The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.

Joseph P. Ring, Ph.D., CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
Harvard University
46 Oxford Street