RE: Radio silence

Gentlepeople,

It is obvious that the DOE victims lobby have found out about Radsafe. I
would imagine we will be hearing from them, and others of similar ilk, from
time to time. As hard as Melissa tries to keep the list free of noise, it is
easy for the noisy to get another post to Radsafe from a different email
account, such as Mr. Slavin did. (I'll bet she's getting a lot of hate mail
since Mr. Slavin was "given a rest.") Therefore, since it is nearly
impossible to keep the noise off, I suggest, as many others have, that we
simply ignore them, unless their post it relevant to this list. I know their
rhetoric is inflammatory, and designed to get a rise out of HP
professionals, but when you read such posts, (first, calm down) ask
yourself:

1. Is this worthy of, relevant, and of interest to the list.

2. If a response is necessary, is it of interest to the rest of the list, or
should it be a *private* reply?

Things like "Oh yeah?", "Says who?", and "Me too!" add nothing but more
noise.

Maybe we should all go back and re-read Melissa's Netiquette list one more
time.

Sorry for the post with no HP in it, but this is getting out of hand. C'mon
folks! We're professionals here!

(Soapbox mode: Off)

Don Mercado
Don.mercado@lmco.com