Re: Exempt Quantities

I suggest that you read the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International
Air Transport Association.  These have the force of law when required by an
airline.  Virtually all airlines require compliance. These regulations state:

3.7.1:  "For the purposes of these Regulations,a radioactive material is any
article or substance with a specific activity greater than 70 kBq/kg (0.002
uCi/g)."

2.3.0.1:  "Dangerous goods must not be carried by passengers or crew:  as or
in checked baggage; as or in carry-on baggage; or on their person..."

I've noticed this prohibition posted at every airport ticket counter I've been
to.  Also, keep in mine that some airports scan cargo for radioactivity.

It's not about dose, its' about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com