RE: Notice of Praise.

Sandy,

I usually respect your opinion, well I still respect it but must take issue
with:

"The implication is I'll do only so much, and no more, unless you provide me
with more benefits."

Bear in mind I work for the government, but a whole lot of big bureaucratic
organizations are like this.  Just getting management to listen to the guys
and gals that do the work and know the score is difficult.  The best part of
incentive awards programs is not the payoff or money, but having a forum
where somebody will at least look at the idea and not shrug it off.

So often the building gets designed without in put from the occupants.  The
equipment is selected without talking to the users and on and on

And please don't take this as simple "management bashing".  Management has
the potential to see the "big picture" but has to make an effort to see the
nitty gritty.  Often the system retards or inhibits that.

So I think an established incentive procedure is generally a plus.  Besides,
the initial message simply suggested a NOP, an official pat on the back, not
monetary awards.  But they can IMO be useful.

Any opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent those
of the Denver VA Medical Center, The Department of Veterans Affairs, or the
U.S. Government.

Peter G. Vernig
Radiation Safety Officer, VA Medical Center, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO
80220, ATTN; RSO MS 115
303-399-8020 ext. 2447, peter.vernig@med.va.gov [alternate
vernig.peter@forum.va.gov] Fax 303-393-5026 [8 - 4:30 MT service] Alternate
Fax 303-377-5686

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,, whatever is
pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is found to be
excellent or praiseworthy, let your mind dwell on these things."    Paul