Re: Emergency response

Thank you Yvette,

You stated the role of a primary responder, regardless of the type of
emergency, extremely well. To summarize, the primary responder is
often not an expert and has a limited accountability. They need to
recognize their limitations and not to exceed that boundary. They
need to call upon the experts immediately when their expertise has
been exhausted, and most importantly, they are not heroes. The
primary safety and care is their own. Dead heroes don't help anyone.

Thank you again for a very well thought out posting. As I said, I
believe you detailed the role of a primary responder extremely well.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205