ATG Announces Consolidation of Its Oak Ridge Waste Processing Facility

ATG Announces Consolidation of Its Oak Ridge Waste Processing
Facility; New Treatment Method Makes Processing More Cost
Effective

FREMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 24, 2000--ATG Inc.
(Nasdaq:ATGC), a leading provider of low-level radioactive and low-
level mixed waste treatment services, today announced its plans to
consolidate two of the company's operating units at its Oak Ridge,
Tenn. facility.

The consolidation is being driven by a new non-thermal resin
decontamination process, called Resin Decon Technology ("RDT").
The application of this technology has been in the development
stage since early 1999. The RDT provides a more cost-effective
method for the processing and decontamination of ion-exchange
resins produced by nuclear power plants.

The RDT process, combined with ATG's Safglas thermal
processing capabilities in Richland, Wash., will effectively replace
the company's existing thermal treatment services in Oak Ridge.
The RDT equipment will be delivered and installed at the Oak Ridge
facility in May 2000. The incremental cost of the equipment is not
material to the company's operations. ATG has informed the
Tennessee regulatory authority of its new RDT treatment process
and its reorganization.

Effective today the company will begin to combine its thermal and
non-thermal processing operations into one operating division. The
combined workforce will be reduced from approximately 140 to 30
as a result of the consolidation. The company expects the gradual
transition will take up to a period of 90 days.

"We regret that this consolidation will displace about 110 loyal
ATG employees," said Doreen Chiu, president and chief executive
officer of ATG. "We will try to offer employment to affected
employees to fill job openings at our Richland facility or at other
ATG job sites.

"Since early 1999, our engineers have conducted various tests on
the application of the RDT technology as we are always looking for
ways to enhance the health and safety of our employees and the
general public. We are also focused on maximizing waste volume
reduction and lowering our operating costs. We believe RDT will
allow us to accomplish both of these goals," said Chiu.

"RDT, a non-thermal process operating at room temperature,
allows us to combine our existing assets in both Richland and Oak
Ridge in the most efficient manner, while at the same time
providing our employees with a better working environment."

"Thermal processing facilities are expensive to operate and
maintain," said Dan Mutman, chief financial officer of ATG.
"Consolidating our thermal operations will increase cost efficiency
and significantly reduce the Oak Ridge facility's overhead costs."

ATG is a radioactive and hazardous waste management company
that offers comprehensive thermal and non-thermal treatment
solutions for low-level radioactive and low-level mixed waste
generated by commercial entities such as nuclear power plants,
medical facilities and research institutions, both in the United
States and overseas, and by the U.S. Departments of Defense and
Energy.
Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205