Digging for lost materials

I am sure that we have all heard stories of licensee's having to go
to landfills or garbage distribution centers to look (dig) for
packages or containers of radioactive materials such as P-32, C-14,
H-3, S-35. Can anyone direct me to or provide references to actual
cases were a licensee had to "dig" for materials such as these?

Note - I am NOT looking for times when a sealed source was lost and
promoted a search through trash, incinerators, etc.

You can email me directly if you wish.

Thank you.

Paul Lavely
UC Berkeley