Re: Nuclear Medicine Radwaste question

I prepared interlaboratory comparison samples using
'spent' I-131 capsules that were used with charcoal
filters and observed that Se-75 was present in the
sample.  I do not remember what level was present
relative to the iodine but we definitely saw it.  This
may not be the most long-lived radionuclide with a
half life of ~120 days though.

B. Scott Davidson, CHP
Davidson & Associates, LLC