RE: Comments on Rancho Seco Infant Study.

I would be skeptical of the magnitude of contribution from those sources
(and from Hunter's Point, which had the only graving dock big enough for the
Enterprise).  I was directly involved in the survey of the entire shipyard
area of Mare Island (which gave me a real appreciation of materials
containing NORM :-D), and of the largest spill  between '84 and '90 (which
was contained in the reactor compartment bilge, and was 'squeaky clean' in
spite of technically being primary coolant), and countless routine surveys.

Secondly, MINSY was roughly 50 miles from Rancho Seco, and Hunters Point and
Alameda about 50 more miles past MINSY (maybe a bit less as the seagull
flies).

Dave Neil		neildm@id.doe.gov

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

On Tuesday, April 25, 2000 10:25 PM, D. Kosloff [SMTP:dkosloff@ncweb.com]
wrote:
> I am not an epidemiologist or an expert in any specific field.  However I
> have about 20 years of nuclear experience.  I am not neutral.  My comments
> are based on personal observations of actual conditions and publicly
> available knowledge.  Those who wish to know more of my "qualifications"
can
> look at my previous post.

<SNIP>