RE: Schools and nukes.

The reason kids near nuclear power plants might do better in school probably
has more to do with the fact that the local school districts reap large sums
of money from taxes paid on the local power plant.  I can't imagine the
taxes we pay for our 5 billion dollar facility.  The school near our power
plant has been under continuous expansion for several years and probably
won't start any time soon.  The facilities at some of these local schools is
better than many universities.  When people buy homes in the area, they try
to make sure they get close enough to the power plant to get into the good
school district.  There is a distinct positive impact of a power plant upon
a local community.

I wouldn't be suprised if the smoking rate is lower due to such a good
positive environment.  However, it could be that a little Xe-133 is
supresses the urge to smoke.  Perhaps Xe-133 enhances synaptic discharges
and increases the probability that more kids will graduate and want to go to
college.

Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Unicom proprietary
information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright
belonging to the Unicom family of Companies.  This E-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and
any copy of this E-mail and any printout.  Thank You.