Re: Schools and nukes.

The issue I was raising with schools within the boundaries of a
nuclear plant was to address the fact that there is and has not been
any increase in any cancer rates or other illness. The fact that test
scores may be higher has nothing to do with the nuclear exposure, but
rather to the families these kids come from. I don't think we should
be making a correlation to radiation exposure and test scores. If
there were a study listing the test scores of every community where
there is a school near a plant, I would expect that we'd see a wide
variation of results. The conclusion to be reached is that in some
school districts, the facilities, the teachers, the curriculum, the
family support and the students happen to be better prepared to take
tests.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205