Re: Re[2]: RADSAFE digest 3135

Steve,

Thank you for your insight. You hit a key element. If the accusations
that exposure to low dose emitted from a nuclear power plant were
true, that it would also be true that individuals living in areas
where there is a constant higher exposure of radiation would also be
subjected to, and experience the same effects with respect to health
issues. As you stated, the opposite is actually the case. While a
study may provide evidence of a problem, I believe what we have in
Colorado, as well as other areas around the world, a living
experiment. The results have to be accepted in that they are not
based on a small sample, but the entire population within the area.
Throw in Rocky Flats and other nuclear facilities in CO, there is
ample, logical evidence to refute the claims of almost all studies
that conclude the adverse effects of low dose radiation.

>      This is
>      significantly more than the "extra" that the east coast residents
>      receive from NPPs. Now, if the allegations you referenced are true,
>      then the breast cancer rates, infant mortality rates, etc. would be
>      *much* higher out here since we're exposed to a much higher "continual
>      dose of low level radiation."

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205