Re: Deja Vu -- Health Physics Society => Radiation Safety Society

RadSafers,

I agree with Ron and Les. Do not fool with the traditional name of the
Society.

If there were no Health Physics Society, would there be Health
Physicists? Should we then campaign for changing all the job and
position titles?

How about the American Academy of ??who??; or the American Board of
??what??; I do like Certified ARSE.

Change for the sake of change and/or political correctness seems to be
rather non-productive.

For a professional scientific society we seem to be getting somewhat
"touchie - feelie" lately.

Hopefully this will go to a vote of the entire membership this time. I
don't remember a vote on changing the name of the annual meeting.

As usual this is my opinion and not necessarily that of any other
person, group, entity or casual combination.

Rege