Re: Motives

     Radsafers,

     I strongly second this opinion.

     If Norm is an intelligent individual, which he certainly sounds
     based on his postings, he has built the foundation for his opinions
     over a long period of time. Only the shallowest toss out their
     convictions overnight and without reflection. To think that the
     information from the few HUNDRED Radsafe postings over the last
     week can even be assimilated in such a short period is ridiculous
     (I still have almost a hundred messages from the last two days that
     I haven't read).

     Worse yet, some of us seem to suffer from the same pseudo-religious
     zeal of which we accuse others, as if one or two of our own pithy
     'truth' as soond as we hit the 'send' button. Hey, if Norm never
     changes his mind, that's his business.

     On an unrelated note, regarding the recent postings on radioactive
     "waste", remember that one person's trash is another's treasure.
     What would we have if EVERY easily accessible uranium atom was
     fissioned in a power plant (including U-238 atoms converted to
     plutonium and then fissioned as well)?  We would have:

     (1) relatively short-lived radioactive decay products (many of
     which are useful resources themselves),

     (2) no more plutonium (and therefore no more proliferation
     concerns), and

     (3) thousands of years of energy that created no carbon dioxide in
     the process (for those who are concerned with carbon dioxide
     generation).

     Food for thought.

     Vincent King
     vincent.king@doegjpo.com