the no win philosophy

I have come to the conclusion that when one considers all of the
issues from all of those who are against any technology, and their
alternatives proposed, that the only sure way to achieve their goals,
at an individual level, is to chose death. In death there are no
environmental impacts to worry about. There are no reasons to
consider that their alternatives recommended have no possible way of
implementation in that then encroach on another mandate from
somewhere else in the country (the solar and wind alternatives), and
no one needs to consider the potential socio-economic impacts on the
population. It would be so much simpler.

The anti-anythings really don't want solutions. They want a mission,
and the more the mission can't be met, the more they cheer, for it
provides a career, that will never end. There is no downsizing when
one is fighting a fight where the goals are simple .. eliminate, yet
the alternatives have no boundaries. With no boundaries and
specifications, there can be no design.

Cost of current technology is questioned. Yet the costs are driven up
by the demands of those who will then use it to condemn. Back in the
early '80s, nuclear utilities were asked to provide information that
demonstrated what % of O&M was due to regulatory requirements. The
percentage was well over 50%. ALARA itself has driven up the cost.
Just look at how much is expended at even $10K/Rem avoided. This cost
is embedded in the O&M, and then the O&M is derided by those who are
against the technology stating that the cost/Kw is too high. We all
know why the cost is too high, and so do those who intentionally
drive it up. By so doing they foster their claims.

Now the industry is caving in on $$ for injury that goes un-named and
non-proven. If that is the case, then why dump more $$ in the name of
ALARA? The new regulatory rule, if the ant-s had their way would be
the NDA rule, No Dose Anytime .. period.

Their desires are too obvious. A question was asked earlier as to
what it would take for the antis to accept the nuclear option. The
answer is clear .. there is NOTHING that will make them accept it.
Why? It's their career. It's no different than anti-Vietnam, anti-
grapes, anti-Castro.. it's just anti anything!

Further dialogue is useless. We gain nothing, we lose our integrity.

My solution is for all of these anti-everythings to simply move to a
place where there are no issues, there is no need to have a career of
fighting everything, and simply live off the land. They need not
benefit from today's technology, they can bring up their families in
a safe place, where there are no ills. The question.. where will they
go. I think death is the only answer, for then there are no
environmental impact statements. We however have to deal with their
remains, and in that, less land is available for the rest of us.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205