Re: Fluorescent Lights in TLD Handling Room

The signal in an exposed LiF TLD will fade under visible light, but the
effect is more pronounced under fluorescent lighting. For this reason, we
have dual lighting in our LiF lab - incandescent and fluorescent, on
separate circuits. We use only the incandescent when handling unpackaged
TLDs. I am not aware of any particular brand or flavor of fluorescent that
would be better than another.