RE: radiation is radiation?

> As has been pointed out numerous times, cancer rates in Denver, Co are not
> higher than the national average.  This is true, even though they live in an
> area where background radiation is twice as high, AND they have Rocky Flats
> next door (lot's and lot's of DEADLY Plutonium, and other nasty stuff).

Many have pointed to these statistics. The problem lies in the fact
that when there is extensive empirical data that refutes the null
hypothesis, that any amount of radiation kills, individuals with an
"agenda" then promote some other reason for proof of their "agenda".
In this case, their answer is simply that background radiation is
different than nuclear power emissions. In my opinion we've all been
through this already. I really don't see the point in everyone
continuing to provide all the evidence (overkill by now) when the
simple truth is, it doesn't really matter what is provided, for the
reason why it is all being rejected is pure fantasy.

Sandy Perle					Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100
Director, Technical				Extension 2306
ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Division		Fax:(714) 668-3149
ICN Biomedicals, Inc.				E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  		E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website:  http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205