Re: Contaminants in Medical Isotopes?

Eric,

We have frequently seen very small amounts of Thallium-204 in whole body
counts of people following the administration of thallium-201 and 202 and
after these nuclides have decayed to non-detectable amounts. We have also
seen Mo-99 in people who have had Tc-99m administrations. We have never
documented this since we have no idea of the initial amounts of the
particular radionuclide that was administered.

Lew Helgeson