re: wrong DOT label

I wanted to share this with the Radsafe list (for their information).

If the shipment came by air you must report this to the nearest FAA Civil
Aviation Security Office as soon as practicable. {Ref. 49CFR175.31(a)}
Discrepancies which must be reported are those involving hazaradous materials
which are improperly described, certified, LABELED, marked, or packaged...
{Ref. 49CFR175.31(b)} Also, this shipment should have been in a Type A
package.

Thanks, John P. Hageman, CHP, Radiation Safety Officer, Southwest Research
Institute, 6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
Ph: 210-522-2633, Fax: 210-522-5720, jph@swri.edu