Re: wrong DOT label

Yes, the package should have been a Yellow-II.

I'm at home, but there is a section in 10CFR20.19?? which says go to
10CFR71.4? concerning package dose rates.  In 10CFR71 I believe the only dose
rate trigger points are the package contact limits which are 200/1000 mrem/hr
and a TI of 10.  Read 10CFR71, but I don't believe there is a reportability
issue to the NRC.

This sounds like it would be more under the jurisdiction of the DOT.

Best I can do on short notice and I can't recall a good number for the DOT.
This is the perfect time to put together your own little reportability
manual.  I believe the response time to the NRC is "1 hour" and this leaves
absolutely no time to look up references.

Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com