HP Technician Opening

Health Physics Technician

Guidant has an opening for a Health Physics Technician at our Pearland, TX
facility (just South of Houston).  This facility produces P-32 source wires
for intravascular brachytherapy.  HP Technician responsibilities will
include, but are not limited to, receipt of incoming radioactive material;
daily and weekly dose rate and contamination surveys; daily operational
checks of monitoring equipment; radiation safety coverage of high
contamination/dose rate work; liquid and solid waste management, preparation
of source wires for shipment, etc.

Education: Associates degree in Radiation Protection Technology or
associated field.  Will consider strong experience in lieu of degree.

Experience: Two or more years preferred.  Education and experience should be
equivalent to AS degree plus two years' full time experience.

Other: Good written and oral communication skills a plus.  Good word
processing/spreadsheet skills a plus.

If interested, please forward your resume to the address listed below.
Please do not send any information directly to me.

GUIDANT CORPORATION
Vascular Intervention Group
Attn: Melinda Gutierrez
8934 Kirby Drive