Re: Tritium Detectors

I take it you mean a portable variety?  If so, Ludlum makes one, but they
take some work to get everything going.  Gone are the days when you could
order an Eberline  instrument that works right out of the box.  Now you
have to get your own valves, tubing, etc.  I want a reliable detector that
I can take to labs, so we are trying to put it on a portable space
efficient cart.    We are working on this now, hopefully we will have a
solution soon.  If we ever get it going (it is a low priority pet project
of mine) I can provide details and a digital picture.

Dave Derenzo

At 12:02 PM 05/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone out there have any info on large area (100cm2) tritium
>detectors?? Are there any reliable ones out there and if so who makes them???
>
>Daniel M. Spicuzza

Dave Derenzo, RSO (dave@uic.edu)
UIC Radiation Safety Section, M/C 932
Phones: Voice (312) 996-1177  Fax: (312) 996-8776