FW: Area Radiation Monitoring System

>  Radsafers,

I have two topics that we need help with the first deals with labeling in
accordance with 10 CFR 20.1904.

When our 'clean' laundry comes on site we are currently surveying and
tagging each bag.  Our laundry returns in bags and it is cleaned to 25K
dpm/100 cm2 we make the conservative decision to tag each bag.

This is very time consuming.  How does your facility deal with this
situation and meet the part 20 labeling requirement?

Second part...

> Calvert Cliffs is considering utilizing an area radiation monitoring
> system (part of a "HP Operational Control Center") to support our
> Radiation Protection Program.  We envision using the system to support
> predictive maintenance program, reduce routine manual survey frequency,
> and support HP job coverage.  We would appreciate any feedback that you
> can provide.
>
> 1)	Does your facility use a permanent area radiation monitoring system
> (NOT plant installed RMS) to support your Radiation 	Protection Program
> (SAIC PDs, Semiens Mark II, Eberline RMS-3, etc)?
>
> 2)	If yes, what type of instrumentation does your facility employ?
>
> 3)	If yes, how is the data used (replace/lessen the frequency of manual
> survey requirements, job coverage, etc)?
>
> 4)	If yes, how is the system calibrated and at what frequency?  What is
> the basis of the calibration?
>
> 5)	If yes, how is the system source checked and at what frequency?
> What is the basis of source checking?
>
> 6)	If yes, is there a technical basis written that justifies the use of
> an area radiation monitoring system?  Can you provide a copy 	of the
> technical basis?
>
> 7)	If no, do you have any plans to acquire such a system?

Please send your responses to me at diana.nissen@bge.com or if you think
others might be interested to radsafe.

Thanks for your help

Diana Nissen