new, DOT "Emergency Response Guidebook"

The "2000 Emergency Response Guidebook" has just been published.  It
supersedes the "1996 North American Response Guidebook."  I noticed some
changes to the wording of the guides, which provide most of the
emergency response information required to accompany hazmat shipments,
as specified in 49 CFR 172.602.

You can download a copy from the DOT Web site:

http://hazmat.dot.gov/

or you can purchase a bound copy  from the GPO Online Bookstore, at a
regional GPO bookstore, or from J.J. Keller and Associates, at

www.jjkeller.com

or call 1-800-327-6868.

There are probably other vendors who carry it.

Send me a private e-mail if you need help obtaining a copy.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com