Re: Sticky Mats

Dave,

Tack cloth or "tacky mats" or "sticky mats" as you refer to them are a commonly used item throughout the radcon arena to control the spread of particulate matter.  We use them primarily at an emergency response medical treatment facility in town to control potential contamination from gurneys and ambulatory personnel entering our triage and decon area and also in corridors between support and surgical areas.

When properly secured, they work quite well.  We purchased our mats from G/O Corp (800-933-8501).

v/r
Michael

>>> dave%uic.edu@internet.pantex.com 23 May 00 6:02:55 PM >>>
Has anyone used sticky mats for the floor to prevent the spread of
contamination?  If so, what is your experience, good or bad.  I am thinking
of using them at the entrance to I-131 patient therapy rooms.  Also,
suggested suppliers would be nice.

Thanks,
Dave Derenzo

Dave Derenzo, RSO (dave@uic.edu)
UIC Radiation Safety Section, M/C 932
Phones: Voice (312) 996-1177  Fax: (312) 996-8776